||01 Nov 2015
An incident between boats at the windward mark in Race 4
- 55056 and 1198 were approaching the windward mark on starboard tack.
- 239 was approaching the windward mark on port tack.1198 was clear ahead of 55056 outside of the zone
- 239 tacked to starboard outside of the zone and and an overlap was created to leeward with 1198.
- At the zone 239 was overlapped to leeward of 1198. 55056 was clear astern and to windward but moving faster.
- While in the zone 239 luffed and passed head to wind.
- 1198 luffed to avoid 239, 55056 luffed to avoid 239.
- A collision occurred between 55056, 239 and 1198.
- 239 retired from the race
239 as tacking boat failed to keep clear of 1198 and 55056.
18.2, 13, 14
Protest #5 is dismissed. Protest #4 is upheld as 239 failed to keep clear as required by rule 13. However as 239 retired from the race, no further penalty applies.
John Doerr (IJ GBR)
Bill O'Hara (IJ IRL)
Lorenz Walch (IJ GER)
Oleg Ilyin (IJ RUS)
Howard Elliott (IJ AUS)
Shao Xian Li (IJ CHN)
Dai Zhiqiang (NJ CHN)